TRY THE TEST

Thursday, February 4, 2010

More on Christ's Love



I did my study today in John 15. What an awesome book. I thought I would share some of my thought processes with you. It's funny, our Pastor did a message in John last night, so this had me in the book of John quite a bit today. If you want to learn about the Lord Jesus Christ, this is the book to do it in! All of my studies are in the King James Version bible.

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it my bring forth more fruit.
Meaning, we are the branch and if we do not serve as He would like for us to serve, we are not going to be receiving the blessings that He has in store for us.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
The blood is offered to clean us of the sin that plagues our lives. If you are saved you are white as snow. Glory to God!
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Well, that's pretty clear. We have to look to Him for assistance in all aspects of our lives. If we try to take care of it ourselves, we will mess it up good.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Isn't that the truth! AMEN!!
6 If a man abide not in me,he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
What an analogy. Here's what I believe that means: if you aren't saved, you will not go to heaven, but you will spend eternity in hell (the fire). That sure isn't where I want to be when the Lord returns!
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
As His disciples we are called to share His word and show others how to be saved. If you want to know how to be saved go here or just leave me a comment. I would be happy to show you.
9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you; continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
In short, He (Jesus) laid down His life for us that day at Calvary. ♫Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe...Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.♫
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
I am so proud to have Jesus as my friend!
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you.
Here is the commandment to share His word again. You know, you don't have to seek Him out, He will find out. Maybe He has found you through my blog...hmmm
17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
What greater love is there for your fellow man but to share His word with them.
18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
As Christians, we are going to be scorned, ridiculed, misunderstood, hated, and reviled. Be prepared for it!
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
In this verse, the world is Satan. Satan can't stand it when a sinner is saved and covered by the blood. It just infuriates him, thus the world will take it out on you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things they will do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
Cloak = the blood of Jesus Christ
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Jesus and the Father are of each other. They are the same.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
They (the Jewish people) condemned Him to die instead of a murderer.
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
Here again we are commanded to share His word. He wants us to save as many as we can before He comes back. Who knows when that will be, so you better get busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I welcome criticism, but ask that if you do criticize my thoughts, please do so nicely. Thanks.