TRY THE TEST

Saturday, February 11, 2012

So sad....

Yesterday, Kevin and I had to make a very hard decision.  I made an appointment with the vet to put our old dog down.  She's 16 and really going downhill.  She's just a mess and is suffering with arthritis, dementia, blindness, deafness and just general not feeling well.  My daughter found out this evening that we are going to do it (hubby was a little less than quiet when talking about it with his sister and I hadn't told her yet, yikes).  She is really upset.  We have had the dog longer than my daughter has been alive.  She told me this evening that the dogs are her sisters and it just broke my heart.  Please pray for her and for Kevin and I for that matter because this is really hard on us to have to do this.  Neither of us has done it before and it's just terrible.  Tuesday, Valentine's Day is when we are doing it.  What a day to do it huh?  It's the ultimate act of love though, to help her not to suffer any longer.  I know she will be better off, but it doesn't help the pain of it.

This is Angel when she was much younger and we had another dog than our little one that we have now.  (that's the leg you see behind her, the other dog)  She has always been such a good dog and so sweet.  I am just devastated.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I welcome criticism, but ask that if you do criticize my thoughts, please do so nicely. Thanks.