TRY THE TEST

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Well, I don't have any photos yet. We didn't have any kids this last Sunday, so I did some preparing for the coming weeks.

I have decided that we are going to do the love (charity) chapter of 1 Corinthians for Valentine's Day. I am going to gear it toward the Preschool kids, but I know that the Lord will help me.

1 Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
If we don't speak to each other with charity (love) all that anyone will hear from us is an annoying racket. Uck!
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
Nothing that we do matters if we don't do it to glorify God. Plain and simple!
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Sounds like Jesus doesn't it. Here is another example of the bible telling us that we need to be Christlike in our living and how we treat each other. What Would Jesus Do...this phrase sure applies to this chapter.
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth; but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
Jesus (charity, love) never ails us, where all others do.9 For we know in part, and we prophecy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
HO HO! Won't that be a glorious day when our Savior returns! Watch out Satan!!
11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
When we are saved and born again, we are babies again, we still only understand mostly worldly things, but as we grow in Christ, read his word and serve him, we begin to put away those worldly things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
We don't see things as clearly now, but when we see the face of Jesus, everything will all become wonderfully clear. The greatest gift we ever have gotten is our salvation by believing in our Lord Jesus Christ. AMEN and AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments. I welcome criticism, but ask that if you do criticize my thoughts, please do so nicely. Thanks.